- This event has passed.
Teaching Yoga to Children with Special Needs Level II, DC
August 7, 2020 @ 1:30 pm - August 9, 2020 @ 5:30 pm$595.00
This training is an opportunity to delve more deeply into topics touched upon in the foundations course.
Instructor permission is required for those who have not previously attended the level I training.
By attending this experiential workshop, you will…
- Create lesson plans for specific populations of children with special needs
- Explore current research regarding the benefits of yoga for children
- Understand how music, singing and chanting supports language and literacy
- Consider and explore the chakras/energy centers as they relate to child development
- Learn how to use mudras/hand poses to support fine-motor-skills
- Experience various restorative yoga poses to appreciate the profound benefits of being in them, and how they can help your students
- Devise child friendly ways to communicate The 8 Limbs of Yoga to children with special needs
- Create guided visualizations appropriate for children with speech and language challenges
- Explore the benefits of rhythmic movements and how to incorporate them into a children’s yoga class
- Understand the problems associated with specific retained primitive reflexes and how to identify them
- Experience a yoga sequence based on developmental movement patterns and understand how moving through this sequence can benefit children with special needs
- Receive valuable resources to support you in the Collaborative Problem Solving approach to behavior management
You will also have an opportunity to…
- Clarify your vision and create an action plan to realize it
- Explore the business of yoga and promoting ourselves as children’s yoga teachers
*If you are uncertain whether this course is for you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.