- This event has passed.
Every Kid’s Yoga: Teaching Yoga to Children with Special Needs Level II (Online-Group Forming-Dates TBD)
May 8, 2020 - May 8, 2021$395.00
This course will be presented via Zoom for two hours per week over the course of 5 weeks, with time for independent study between sessions. The starting date and time will be agreed upon by all participants. At the end of each session the group will determine our next meeting date and time. This approach to scheduling has been going remarkably well!
*This course will count for 20-hours towards Yoga Alliance RCYT or Continuing Education
This training is an opportunity to delve more deeply into topics touched upon in the Level I course, and to hone your kid’s yoga teaching skills.
- Further explore conditions that challenge children, and how yoga can support kids in attaining their physical, social, emotional and educational goals
- Deepen your understanding of motor development
- Experience yoga based activities beyond Asana and Pranayama that can be shared with children to strengthen and empower them
- Access your creativity to develop your own approaches to sharing the gift of yoga with children
By attending the Level II class you will:
- Understand the problems associated with specific retained primitive reflexes and how to identify them
- Experience a yoga sequence based on developmental movement patterns and understand how moving through this sequence can benefit children with special needs
- Understand how music, singing and chanting supports language and literacy development
- Explore the benefits of rhythmic movements and how to incorporate them into a children’s yoga class
- Consider the chakras/energy centers as they relate to child development
- Learn how to stimulate the vagus nerve to support self-regulation
- Learn how to use mudras/hand poses to support fine-motor-skills
- Explore the beautiful alignment between The Yamas and Niyamas, and Social Emotional Learning
- Write your own guided visualizations appropriate for children with speech and language challenges
- Create lesson plans for specific populations of children with special needs
- Explore current research regarding the benefits of yoga for children
- Receive individual feedback regarding the demo class you will submit for review
You will also have an opportunity to…
- Clarify your kid’s yoga teaching vision and create an action plan to realize it
- Explore the business of yoga and promoting ourselves as children’s yoga teachers
To enroll or to determine whether this course is right for you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
*Instructor permission is required for those who have not previously attended the Level I training.